Travel: airport → main station (Hbf)
- We recommend to take the S11 (Direction: Bergisch Gladbach), which leaves one floor below the arrival terminals. (There is also the possibility to take the skytrain to the airport train station, from which several regional trains leave to Düsseldorf main station.)
Travel: main station (Hbf) → hotel
- Option 1: walk (10-15 min)
- Option 2: Take the tram 709 (towards either Südfriedhof or Neuss). The tram stops are in front of the main entrance (Konrad-Adenauer-Platz) of the main station. It is the tram stop furthest away from the entrance. Leave at Berliner Allee (after 2 stops). Then walk.
Travel: hotel → university
- Option 1: get to the subway station Graf-Adolf-Platz U and take the subway U73 towards Universität Ost/Botanischer Garten; get out at the final stop (Universität Ost/Botanischer Garten).
- Option 2 (takes a bit longer): get to the main station and follow the instructions of "main station → university"
Travel: main station (Hbf) → university
- Take the subway U79 in direction Universität Ost/Botanischer Garten; departure is below the main hall.
Exit the subway at the last stop: Universität Ost/Botanischer Garten.
General Tips for using public transportation within Düsseldorf:
- All passengers have to wear FFP2 or medical-grade mask.
- The DB Navigator app is helpful for finding routes and buying tickets online.
- For all of the above routes, you can take a ticket Preisstufe A or Preisstufe A3.
There are single tickets and tickets valid for several (e.g. 4) trips.
If you take a tram or subway for at most three stops (e.g. main station → hotel), you can also take a cheaper Kurzstrecken-ticket.
- In case you buy a ticket from a ticket vending machine you might (or might not) need to stamp your ticket using the stamp machines inside the trains/trams/subways.
On the campus / practical information:
On the map below, you can see the subway station and the university. The talks will be in lecture hall 5D, which should appear on the map once you zoom in one step further.
Lunch will be offered in the mensa.
The conference dinner (Wednesday, 19:00) takes place at
Wilma Wunder, Martin-Luther-Platz 27; subway/tram stops Schadowstraße and Steinstraße/Königsallee